2023 - 2024 Hayden Synchro PLACEMENT PROCESS
In order to accurately place skaters on a team, our coaches are asking that skaters attend skills sessions across different days in order to assess individual and team skills both on and off the ice. Our placement process is in-person only and video tryouts will not be accepted.
Placements by Team Level
We have found it best for skaters looking for placement on:
- the Shooting Stars Developmental teams to attend two sessions. One will be a skills session and one will be a placement session. Skaters will be assigned based on level.
- the Juvenile team to attend two sessions. One will be a skills session and one will be a placement session. Skaters will be assigned to a group that corresponds with these sessions.
- the Intermediate and Novice** teams to attend up to two sessions* of the skills series. Skaters will be assigned to two sessions.
- the Junior and Senior** teams to attend up to two sessions* of the skills series. Preference will be given to skaters traveling from out of state. All other skaters will be assigned days and skills sessions.
*If space becomes limited, attendance at two sessions will be reserved for skaters coming from outside of our organization, while current club skaters may be assigned one session.
**Junior / Senior and Intermediate/ Novice placements will also include a fitness evaluation at the Micheli Center located at the Skating Club of Boston.
*Dates and times are subject to change
Placement cost, regardless of the number of sessions attended, will be one fee:
- $200 for Jr. / Sr. Placements
- $150 for Intermediate / Novice Placements
- $100 for Juvenile Placements
- $75 for Shooting Stars Developmental Teams Placements
Once registered, you can expect an email that provides more information about the placement process and fitness evaluation dates and times if applicable.
Decisions for all levels and teams will be emailed out on a rolling basis. This means that results will be sent out during a window of time and skaters seeking placement on the same team may be notified of team placement decisions on different days.
- Junior / Senior notifications will be sent out 3/18 - 3/20
- Intermediate / Novice notifications will be sent out 3/20 - 3/22
- Juvenile notifications will be sent out 3/19 - 3/23
- Developmental Teams (Shooting Stars) notifications will begin going out on 3/23 and can be ongoing
Please note, our coaches will be strictly adhering to the decision timelines listed above and will not be communicating early decisions to skaters for ANY reason.
Questions? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Hayden Synchronized Skating!